Please have a look at the release notes for a full list of the improvements and bug fixes, feedback is welcome as always. The supported target containers are JBoss AS 7.2.0.Final, WildFly 8.0.0.Final and WildFly 8.1.0.Final.
Have fun :-)
JBossWS integration provides the application server with any WS related technologies it needs for achieving compliance with the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 7 (Java EE 7).
Starting from 3.x series, JBossWS comes with a web service framework which is basically an integration layer of third party web service stacks on top of multiple JBoss AS versions. JBossWS provides additional value over the standards implemented in collaboration with the supported stacks' communities. This is achieved ensuring first class integration with the JBoss Application Server, common management, configuration, tooling, samples, etc.
With JBoss 4.x series the focus is mainly on the Apache CXF stack integration (JBossWS-CXF), with the goal of achieving the best integration of the first class CXF features on top of JBoss Application Server.
JBossWS features include many specifications / standards implementations as well as additional features, options, tools to improve ease of use, endpoint management and monitoring, etc. In particular, the JBossWS-CXF provides most of the features coming with Apache CXF (including WS-Security, WS-Policy, WS-Addressing, WS-ReliableMessaging, WS-Trust, MTOM, ...) as well as common JBossWS stack features like endpoint metrics, record management, endpoint address rewrite, etc.
Please refer to the documentation for further details.
An high level road map regarding future features is available on the wiki, while a detailed road map for the upcoming versions is found in our issue tracking system. You are always welcome to request and contribute a new feature.
- A book on JAX-WS in WildFly and more...
- Sep 23, 2014 8:37 AM by Alessio Soldano
- It was last winter when I was offered to author a book on the Web Services stack provided by JBossWS / Apache CXF in WildFly. I eventually took up the…
- How to kick start a WS project in few seconds
- Sep 16, 2014 9:17 AM by Alessio Soldano
- One of the goals I committed to when I joined the JBoss Web Services project back in 2007 was to improve the JBossWS tooling offer and possibly make t…
- JBossWS 4.3.1.Final is available
- Sep 5, 2014 9:56 AM by Alessio Soldano
- While working on the JBossWS 5 major changes, the WS team has been fixing a bunch of bugs that were reported on the 4.3.0.Final release.As it's now mo…
- View more jbossws